Saturday, November 3, 2007

D-Day

Tomorrow is officially the last day of my vacation. Boo. I am dreading work already. Although I have missed the alien customers, unintelligent, smelly creatures that they are. Who else am I gonna find to feel superior to? (Just kidding, the customer is always right, and all that mumbo-jumbo.)
I have enjoyed my time off. I saw some beautiful movies, wrote a lot, got a little job at Anthropologie (for a lovely discount), spent time with friends old and new, and just this evening watched my Mavs win a basketball game (yes, I sound sporty, what's it to ya?), although I was sad not to see DJ there with them. His arms are like tree-trunks. Alas, he is no longer a Maverick.
On a happier note, I am making a pact with you people that even though I am going back to work, I am still going to work on my novel several hours a week. I am really excited about it and a new idea for it that is sure to get me on 'Oprah.'
When I do meet the high priestess of monotone loud-talking, I am also going to ask her for a car.
Thanks, Oprah!

3 comments:

Rubymelt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maigen said...

Of course not, Candice, YOU smell fabulous! The whole "alien customer" thing applies mainly to a small minority of actual customers... Most are really nice, and don't smell. Often the bad ones somehow overshadow the good ones, however.

Rubymelt said...

Ok, just making sure! I do think you would look fabulous driving that beautiful car around!!!