Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's still summer...


So, I've been out walking the past few days during the day (as opposed to the more regular night-walking) and it is still bloody hot. I am actually a bit sunburned. It has been like 83 degrees and that is not acceptable for November. I'm sorry, it just isn't.
I know, 'this is Texas!' and 'that's what Texas is for!' etc, but I don't care. Give me fall! I don't want cold, but I would like to go walking in something besides a tank top and shorts! I have lots of cute work-out pants and jackets that are feeling neglected!
Fall is probably my favorite season. I need it.
And don't cite global warming to me, people. I know that whole racket is a myth and nothing but mumbo-jumbo.
Oh, and one more thing... I went into work the other day, when I was off, to take care of an errand. It was 83 degrees out. I was very comfortable in my nike shorts, tank, little terry jacket, and flip-flops (this was pre-walk). This lady I work with was literally wearing a turtle-neck, fleece jacket, jeans, and knit cap. Umm... once again, to this I say, "you know it's not winter, right?" Before, at least it was about 60-70 degrees out (when I wrote my original complaint about the hyperness [yeah, that's a non-word] of Texans bundling up as if it were a tundra), but this affront was just too much. I realize the calendar says November. But, take a look around you, lady. It's still summer.

No comments: