Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ladies first

Today I saw this guy walking around in a tee-shirt that said "Southern Miss." Just take a second to think about that.
Now, I know that's a college. Southern Mississippi, or maybe Southern Missouri, does it matter? It's some college in one of the states in the Union where the providers of dental work could still afford to probe deeper.
I know it's a college, but what your shirt says is "Southern Miss," just real big across the front.
I almost burst out laughing... Not only is this guy a lady, but he's a "southern miss." That's the kind of lady that sips lemonade, wears extra-wide-brimmed straw hats, and says things like (with a sweet voice and a southern accent), "now, us blondes, being more fair, have eyes that are more sensitive to the sun. So, we always need to wear sunglasses so that we don't get wrinkles from squinting. Because we don't want wrinkles do we? Wrinkles aren't pretty." (That is what my grandmother, a definite "southern miss" told me at age five.)
Dude, man up! You like the school, great. Find a shirt that doesn't proclaim a gender. Especially a gender that is not your own and sounds especially fruity.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Holy crap, your blog is hilarious! Thanks for brightening my morning with your witty, clever writings.

Maigen said...

Thanks!