Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Someone at some corporate office somewhere is laughing his butt off right now...

This is an ad I saw on Facebook. This is an actual ad. I ask of you, is this ad supposed to make me want to buy this dress, or gouge my eyes out? Which is it? American Apparel must be in cahoots with eye-surgeons everywhere. And, frankly, there is nothing American or even USAmerican about it.
Someone was good enough to, first of all, sell this wretched design to some company to manufacture them. Super awesome salesman, I tell ya.
Then, someone actually went through with the sewing and labor and cutting of fabric to make them. Those sweat-shop workers must have thought the dresses were hilarious... I can only imaging that comedian George from textiles putting one on over his button-down shirt and slacks, dancing around on the assembly floor with his oft-used prop, the glittery see-through hula-hoop...
Then, someone photographed what I can only assume is a skinny model wearing granny panties in the dresses. And got paid for it.
Someone at an ad company thought this was a great ad to try and market the dresses. Oh, and as an example of how fabulous all "40" designs they offer must be. "Well, if they look anything like that, I really have to look! They must all be equally as fabulous!"
And now, several of these "someones" are having the last laugh.
Or, maybe I am.
Because somebody invested money in a dress (in several colors, I can only assume) that makes even Ms. Skinny Pouty Face Model here look rolly. And grotesque. If that size 0, I'm-so-small-I'm-not-even-there girl looks like that, just picture Ms. Average USA walking around with everything out. No, thank you. American Apparel, you got served.

PS: You totally need to click to enlarge the image. It's even better real big.

1 comment:

kitebrdr said...

I think those dresses would look awesome with brightly colored underwear and bra. Then there is no doubt of the ho status.