Monday, November 12, 2007

Kafka is weird.

So, I finished "The Metamorphosis" in like, one day, and have yet to read the other short stories in my book. "The Metamorposis" was pretty gross. Especially the part about the apple. Ick! And, I think Kafka's general theme of failure is not something I need right now.
I started "Love in the Time of Cholera," and so far, it seems good. The writing is at least good, which made sense when I realized how long its author has been writing. And, it was published in 1988. None of that crappy-modern-author-who-writes-like-a-fourth-grader stuff. Yay!
I'll let you know what I think when I am finished.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Kafka is disgusting. I remember reading it in junior high and high school and thinking "Really? REALLY? Do I absolutely HAVE to learn about how this guy turns into a bug?" Fortunately, or unfortunately I missed the theme of failure, but did not miss the theme of gross-ness and I can't really get it out of my mind to this day. Thanks for bring it up actually. Ewww....

I have wanted to read "Love in the Time of Cholera" for awhile, well, okay, since I saw a silly movie with John Cusack, so I am looking forward to your review, and possibly the movie, after the book, of course.