Friday, November 9, 2007

The Seven Habits of Highly Defective People

(Hey, that's the title of my next novel, don't steal it.)
My upstairs neighbors were apparently having a knock-down, drag-out fight (or something equally as loud) last night, and we (and by we, I mean my future brother-in-law) called the cops. So, after the 5-0 came, the guys spent the entire night trying their darndest to keep us awake, stomping around, slamming and throwing what I can only assume were bowling balls on the floor, et al.
Dude, if we called the cops once, best be on your best behavior. Next time maybe you'll be smoking your pot when they show up... Who knows? I might just plan it that way.
And if I lose any more sleep, the less-beautiful side of me might show up. I haven't seen not-so-rested-Maigen in a while, but I think she looks kind of like that girl in "The Ring" whose hair is always in her face.

1 comment:

Rubymelt said...

I don't know how you do it! Those neighbors are a nightmare. Seriously, I would be freaked out all the time if I lived below them. Thankfully, I'm on the top floor at my place, but still...