Monday, December 3, 2007

Gotta love Jennifer Love

Jennifer Love Hewitt has always been pretty fabulous, from "Party of Five" to "The Ghost Whisperer" (admittedly, shows I didn't watch). But she's gorgeous, stylish, and on interview shows always seems like someone you'd want to go shopping with. And of course, she's a Texan. So. Fabulous, right? Apparently she was in some photos in a bikini on vaca with her fiance, and the "media" (rather, trash celebrity news) has gone crazy talking about how fat she is (at a size 2!)
What's rockin' about Jennifer is that she responded to all the ridiculous crap on her own blog!
"Like all women out there should, I love my body... A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful... I'm not upset for me, but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image... To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini – put it on and stay strong."
Now, as we all know, I'm no defender of "hollywood starlets" or "the famous people," (nor do I really support all girls putting on bikinis, myself included) but even I have to admit that they are held to a standard that is so ridiculous it causes eating disorders, drug addictions, etc. And that is crazy. A size 2 is tiny, "journalists," so get over it! And 'hoorah' for Jennifer for not "standing by in silence" while she (and really, womankind in general) is scrutinized and ostrasized for being real. I love that she fought back! (When really, was any of it necessary? She looks fabulous! And what woman doesn't have a little thigh-cellulite? I mean, a size 2? I can only dream...)
P.S. I think all the fabulous, bodacious-bodied (model on the side, like Jen) people who wrote mean, scathing reports should get their pictures taken in bikinis and post them online... Somehow I doubt they would look all that awesome, and I bet they aren't even close to a size 2.

No comments: