Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A nice gray day...

I love a nice gray day. As some of you may know, if it's sunny when I wake up in the morning, I get a bit depressed. Today, the light in my window was conducive to laying in bed until noon, snuggling in the blankets and watching a re-run of "What Not to Wear." And, as an aside, I swear if Clinton Kelly were strait, I'd marry him. Yeah, because his sexual orientation is the only thing that makes that impossible...

Anywho, today I don't have to work until 4:15. Weird time, right? Whatev, I'll happily take a short shift. As everyone knows, the holidays are killing me softly. Okay, so last night, getting ready for bed, I had the best intentions for today. Which follow:
  • laundry, at least three loads which have been piling up
  • clean bathroom: it's dirty. Not so much Christina Aguilera dirty at this point. It has progressed to Britney dirty. That's bad.
  • email people about job openings, esp. tv production and publishing
  • write letter of intent about management position at my current place of employment
  • call the bank to set up yet another savings account
  • go to Target for necessities and frivolities
What I am actually going to do/have accomplished so far:
  • sleep in extremely late due to a Nyquil-induced coma
  • watch WNTW
  • get ready for the day at an extremely slow pace
  • type this blog about my shortcomings and perhaps justifiable laziness
  • eat sushi
  • one load of laundry (if I'm either lucky or feeling industrious)
  • call my friend Molly to say 'happy birthday' and 'didn't you just have a baby? how's that going?'
So, there you have it. Sometimes, I just throw caution to the wind and scrap my to-do list. Livin' on the edge, I tell you. Living Dangerously.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE Clinton...and stacey =D

Rubymelt said...

Clinton is seriously fabulous. What would London do without her Kelly? Hmmm, I'd hate to have that question answered. Oh wait, we do...on Fashionably Late with Stacy London. Unfortunately, not so great. She NEEDS Clinton Kelly to be funny!!!!