Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year, new you

Happy New Year, people! I am happy to say "good-bye" to my fattest year ever. I am giving up Coca-cola Classic (and other regular soft-drinks) as a big part of my new diet, and hopefully laying off the sauce will help me get back to my normal, less-fluffy self.
As an adieu to 2007, I'd like to just reflect for a moment... There. That was good. Here's a list for you. I just love lists.

Things I fell in love with in 2007:
  • Vincent Longo lipgloss
  • Adrien Brody
  • purple
  • Saks Fifth Avenue
  • The song "Buried in Your Backyard" by Nightmare of You
  • "Slaughterhouse Five" by Kurt Vonnegut
  • "Lars and the Real Girl," and its star, Ryan Gosling
  • blogging
  • gelato
  • sashimi
  • bright colored tights
  • Tim Duncan
  • "Flipping Out"
  • open-toe flats
  • politics
Things I fell out of love with in 2007:
  • J. Crew
  • Lindsay Lohan (hey, I loved "Mean Girls" and "The Parent Trap")
  • the Nissan Z
  • "Pink Poodle" lipstick
  • cropped jackets
  • Stacy London (because of the stink that is "Fashionably Late." Still love her with Clinton, though. Right on, Candice).
  • Kiera Knightly (can she make more than one face?!)
  • GMB
  • tex-mex
  • Nordstrom Rack
  • skinny eyebrows
  • Myspace
  • going out on Friday nights (I am always too tired...)

That's a pretty good assessment. Have fun tonight and watch out for drunks on the road.

6 comments:

Teri said...

nice list! the first thing I thought of when I saw "slaughter house five" on your list was Footloose and Kevin Bacon. Maybe I'll watch that movie tonight to celebrate. :)

Maigen said...

Great movie!

The Evers said...

Ummm ... Maig I hate to ask... What is wrong with Nordstrom Rack, and I just decided to get a cropped jacket... Okay not really but what is wrong with NR??? You seriously crack me up so much!

Maigen said...

NR is too messy, crammed full of stuff, and generally gives me vertigo. It's just too hard a shopping experience.

Rubymelt said...

Nice list. Good luck with the diet. If you need an exercise/walking/jogging buddy, I am totally there!!!

Maigen said...

Thanks, Candice!