Monday, December 3, 2007

Sugar and Spice and Everything... Oh, crap!

So, I have this friend, let's call him David, because that is his name (good call, buddy). When I was asking him about this girl he was interested in, he kept saying "she's just really nice."
Hmm... I don't think that's really a good thing... If "nice" is your main descriptor, doesn't that just sound like "boring?"
Sorry, D. Next time, use your words, I know you've got 'em. You may be an accountant, but you have been known to describe conversations as "quick and romantic," so I know you have a bit of the writer in you. She's gotta be more than "nice." It's been bothering me for a couple of weeks. For one thing, she's got great hair. Let's dwell on that.
All I'm saying is, I don't think anyone would ever be like, "Yeah, that Maigen, she'd really nice." And I really wouldn't want them to. I would never describe any of my friends as "nice," even though they are. "Nice" is just not as important to me as "hilarious," "smart," "witty," "interesting," "intriguing," "sharp," "unique," "talented," "attractive," "inspiring," "accomplished," "etc," "etc," "etc." Maybe that's just me, though. Probably. I am "anomalous."
"Nice" makes me barf. Like the couple making out during the spiritual thought tonight at FHE made me barf. (Yeah, guys, they really were. It was disturbing. I'll paint you a mental picture: he was like, nibbling [for lack of a better word-- kind of like the use of "nice"] on her chin... It was grotesque.) The FHE neckers probably deserve their own blog, actually.

David: still BFF? I warned you :)

6 comments:

Teri said...

Hey you. Jennie emailed me your blog. You are as funny as ever. So I know it's been almost 10 years (back in good old Glenhood) but it's nice to see what your up to. If you get a chance, check out my blog at terithinks.blogspot.com Not as fab as yours but who's could be :)

kitebrdr said...

Nice=Fine. Another of the place holder words that have become much used in our language. Not to be confused with FFFIIINNNNEEE!!, used to describe a particularly beautiful woman. In my case that woman is named Eileen and she is.

kitebrdr said...

Isn't everyone that someone dates nice, at least while they are dating? Nice is not even a quality, it is a condition...like happy. If nice is the best you can do David, move on my friend.

Alicia said...

I had a friend describe her boyfriend once as pleasant. Who wants a pleasant boyfriend?!

Kerry said...

Wait a minute! There was a couple making out during the spiritual thought at FHE?! Gag. Now I have a reason to not be going to FHE. I don't want to watch people nibble on other people's chins. Grody.

Candice & Lindsey said...

NOW you know why I do NOT go to FHE. Seriously, people!!!!

As for "nice"...totally agree with what you said. There are many other words one can use and I think if a guy describes a girl as nice, HE IS JUST NOT THAT INTO HER!!!!!!