Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

So, in lieu of Halloween and fun and metallic aqua eye-liner,
I dressed up as an 80s chick tonight for a party I went to...
Can I just say, I can actually feel my pores clogging with all the ultra-dynamic make-up I still haven't washed off?
For only the second time in history, I wore my inherited vintage authentic 80s python heels. And, when I say heels, I mean heels. Those puppies may not be much taller than my normal stiletto, but something about the angle of the arch or the surface area of the barely-padded toe area, or maybe the pin-sized circumference of the actual contact area of the heel, made my feet want to cry. When I took them off, I actually had charlie-horses in my feet because they were almost unable to be flat. Now, that's dedication to shoes.
All these complaints aside, I had a lot of fun, particularly making the fellas try on my fedora. I have a sneaking suspicion they loved it as well.
And, hey, a girl sometimes needs an excuse to show up somewhere in hot-pink fishnets with white bobby-socks and python pumps. She just does.
Oh, and happy Halloween. Hope you all got some treats, and for those who didn't, better luck next year.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I want pics! I only remember the Maigen who hates Halloween, the one who goes dressed up as herself. I want proof!

Rubymelt said...

You looked fabulous! Definitely post the pics I sent.