Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I hate chick flicks...


As a rule, romantic comedies just aren't for me. I mean, ick! But, last night I saw "No Reservations," with Catherine Zeta-Jones and that cute guy from "Thank You for Smoking," and it was pretty good. Maybe because it dealt with a real problem (the death of Catherine's sister and 'Little Miss Sunshine's' mom), or maybe because that guy is sexy and has a nice speaking voice. Even my coveting of Catherine Zeta Jones' perfect nose and bone structure didn't hamper my enjoyment of the movie. Somehow she manages to be one of the prettiest ladies on earth without inspiring the customary rage. Anyway, the story was cute without being sickening. And I LOVE the part when she brings the raw meat to the jerky customer. Who in service has not wanted to do something like that? Genius.

1 comment:

kitebrdr said...

See I am a sucker for the "not to sappy" chick flick. Way the by, we watched Perfect Stangers. Might I just say WOW or maybe just Wow, but it was worth while for sure.