Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I'm very busy, and very important.

So, my sister has decided to research some gyms and personal trainers for me, perhaps out of boredom, perhaps because she is just cool like that, and somewhere in the tangled web that she managed to weave she has become my "personal assistant."
Now, I do appreciate the fact that she will be my liaison to these gym people, I won't be receiving any harassing marketing calls, and all my "appointments" and "free trials" are being arranged for me. I also feel like a celebrity or something, not to mention this whole shenanigan seems to me like a real-life Seinfeld episode.
However, as my "personal assistant" sets everything up for me, as I "don't receive phone calls," and as, eventually, I will develop some kind of relationship with one of these trainers/gyms, I am a bit nervous. How will this lie play out? And won't they certainly quote me prices on the high end, since I am so loaded that I have a personal assistant?
She said I work where I actually work, and write novels, and as I am writing all the time, I need an assistant. I would like to know, in exact detail, the financial infrastructure that would allow someone who works where I work and writes unpublished novels to have a personal assistant. And you gotta know that even I'm not buying that I'm independently wealthy and just work where I work to mingle with the plebians. "Oh, yes, I enjoy the general public so much... their whining, ignorance, and bad breath, that I work in a service industry just for fun... Really, now get me some sushi and a sparkling water, personal assistant!"

1 comment:

Candice & Lindsey said...

You're a Vip (VIP). Pronounced like the dudes do in "Orange County".