Monday, February 4, 2008

And now, we talk about make-up...

I once subjected Alex to a ten minute dissertation on eyeshadow and lip-gloss, which he plugged through like a trooper, and actually participated in (only enough to let me know he was paying attention, not enough to make him seem any less manly, or anything) and now, it is your turn.
Here are make-up looks I want to emulate in the near future:
You can barely see it, but Jessica Biel's make-up in "The Illusionist" rocked. The eyes have brown shadow, no liner, and mascera. Pink cheeks, pink lips. Very fresh.
Similar to the Jessica Biel look, and I love the hair, too!
And we all know I love a red lip. This look is all glowy. Love the thick(ish) eyebrows!
No eye make-up, light lashes, matte red lips. It's very 40s, or something.
I like the peach and red contrast. Oh, and of course, the hair! I love tall hair (as you can see below).
This is one of my most successful make-up looks so far (dude, see how pretty I look? Yeah, I had food poisoning in this photo: no sleep, and had been throwing up for like, the past 12 hours. Make-up can literally do magic sometimes). But guess what? I lost the eyeshadow. Oh, and it was limited edition. Why does that always happen to me? I either lose them, or watch as they spill (a loose powder eyeshadow bouncing in slow-mo around my bathroom sink, my dramatic "noooooooo..." and reach was of course, too little, too late), or tragically watch my supply dissipate knowing there will be but naught to replace it. (Oh, and why do they even make special editions? It is downright mean, because by the time you realize that it is like, the best color ever, you can't get it anymore.)

And now, a moment of silence for all the make-up no longer available... (I actually stopped typing for a second)... I bid fond adieu to you, glamorous goldy brown L'Oreal loose powder eyeshadow (of which color I know not the name, so as to search on Ebay and pay $25 for now, even though the original cost like, $7) , and Airy Azure of the same make and model. Also, L'Oreal 'Pinch of Colour' lip and cheek stain (the best blush and lip stain in the world-- its dwindling bottle is what I will use to achieve the "Illusionist" look). Too Faced Juicy Jewels in Pave Pink (or "sex-gloss" as my friend Jana referred to it... it was sexy!), Mac Lipglass in Blossom, you will be missed. Oh, and no lie, I am still upset about an eyeshadow that I bought at The Gap, of all places, during the holidays like 10 years ago, and could never find anything even remotely comparable to replace it.















I will try to find substitutions, but to no avail... It is a mournful plight, set only for disappointment. I tell you what, guys, we women go through a lot of crap to look as good as we do. You should totally buy us more flowers.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Ditto on the discontinuation of limited edition products; not okay. Speaking of make-up... do you have any suggestions for a fantastic mascara? I've tried Dior Shadow Show (rated #1 on Sephora's website), but I wasn't impressed. I love a rich, luxurious mascara. Let me know if you have any to recommend!

Maigen said...

I don't know... I am actually also searching for "the true mascara." I just got one that I hate, but I should have known, its applicator is way too big. Supposedly Lancome Differentials is fabulous... I haven't used it since the 8th grade, though, so I am not sure! Leslie recommends that one.