Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sawin' logs

So, one night lo many moons ago, I was laying in bed trying to sleep, when I was startled to realize my upstairs neighbor was vacuuming (at like 3 am).
I don't know why this surprised me, after all, these are the neighbors for whom I penned this little haiku (so it's not a real haiku, but how often in life do you get to use that word? It rocks!):
"We are your new neighbors downstairs,
we don't want to sound like old squares,
but we have to work, we don't want to be jerks,
but when we don't sleep, our looks scare.
We're sure that you are tons of fun.
Your parties last well after one.
Please remember our grace, and turn down the bass,
and when your friends stay keep it down."
(To be made into a greeting card and delivered with cookies for optimal result.)

Anywho, back to the vacuuming... I laid there listening intently. It really wasn't loud enough to be a vacuum... And that's when it hit me! It was him. Snoring.
True story.

No comments: