Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Minimize, minimize, minimize...

I am trying to minimize things right now (by that logic, perhaps I should have only used one "minimize" in the title? Does the triplicate fight my goal? Anyway, off my literary device soapbox...)
I am trying to minimize things, aka my shoe collection, the sheer mass of stuff I have built up over the years, the squeezing of my face leading to breakouts, and well, my butt.
I have lost 4 lbs, and some days 5. Yay! So, to match my shrinking body, I am soon going to cleanse my life of all the excess. I just hate all the crap I have! I have an apartment that I chose based solely on the size of my closet (well, and the garden tub). I look in there, and in every other place that one can possibly cram stuff, and hate almost everything I see. It's just clutter. I am sick of clutter. I feel physically bogged down.
So, I am going to have a mass exodus of stuff from my apartment onto Craig's list. When it happens, I will let y'all know so that my stuff can become your stuff.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I've been trying to minimize things in my life aka my body, my messy room. To nudge me along, I treated myself to a minimizing A-Line Victoria Beckham haircut. Definitely helping.

Rhia Jean said...

I heart your blog! You make me laugh girl! If you wanna check out mine, you can get to it on my facebook profile. Peace!

WhiteEyebrows said...

Living a clutter-free life is the only way to go!!! Until you need that old carboard box as a backsplash to protect from overspray while you're spray painting something... and a whole other host of unsuspected needs for the crap you would otherwise throw out.

But I still think clutter-free is the way to go. When your small corner of the world is in order, your whole world is at peace.