Tuesday, February 12, 2008

*Sigh* purple!

So, I used to hate purple with a fiery hot passion, but now I kind of love it. Especially if it's the right shade, and particularly if it's done like this.
The whole theory behind my purple loathing was founded upon two primary precepts:
  1. Barney the dinosaur
  2. The fact that people who liked purple didn't just like it, they loved it. Crazily. Like, their car was purple, all their clothing was purple, they shopped at "Purple Passion" (an actual store, at least at one time, at the Dallas Galleria) and stores like it. You know these people. They are the women who (and I think it's on purpose) when their hair goes gray, invite an overtone of purple to adorn their head like a freaky hair-hat. (Mom, sorry, this is in no way a reference to the hair-dying tragedy of yore in which your blonde turned out to have a purpleish shimmer... You did not choose it.) They are the men who wear Ralph Lauren button-down oxfords in lavender with khaki shorts and boat shoes with no socks, bringing to mind an Easter egg, and making you wish it were Easter, so that you would have an excuse to eat way too many of those Robin's Eggs candies. (You know those men were dressed by a crazy purple-loving wife.) I realize some of you prefer Peeps, though I really can't say why...
I am glad I can now like purple, even love some shades of it, without having purple take over my life. It's a happy medium, really.

No comments: