Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Horrah for an extra day off!

Thank you, Easter. I love Easter.
First of all, what an amazing gift that Jesus Christ gave us! I am so happy to have this week to be extra-thankful for it, and to really think about it and His love for us.
And, not to add something trivial, but I also get an extra day off work, tomorrow, so I will have some time to do things in my life to feel closer to Him, to better myself and just feel good in general! That makes me smile!
Plus, don't you love the spring-time-feeling of Easter? The new dress (not that I'm getting one this year, Bob), the flowers blooming (well, in theory), the pastel colors everywhere? It's a great time for a "Maigen Renovation." It's like a spiritual New Year. I recommend looking at your actual "New Year's Resolutions" and seeing how you're doing and what you can do to re-align yourself with them. That's my plan, anyway.
Happy Easter! Here is one of my favorite pictures of the reason we have Easter, and my Savior:

5 comments:

Rubymelt said...

We truly are blessed!

HiccupMeL said...

Ah, good thoughts to think about this time of year. Thanks for the reminder. You're a good egg.

Get it? Egg? Easter??

Ok, so maybe it wasn't that funny. Sheesh!

Alison said...

Personally, I love Easter for the candy. Ok, the candy is a bonus to the Atonement, but whatever. ;) No, Easter is a great time to think of the Savior without the pressure of gifts (like around Christmas). It's greatness.

Amy said...

Very inspirational Maigs!

kitebrdr said...

I'm with Alison. Easter has the best candy of any holiday. Brachs white malted milk eggs in particular. I just can't leave em alone. Let's celebrate with colored eggs...ok we'll hide em.. and don't worry there will be a bunny...love JG.