Saturday, March 29, 2008

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

I liked this movie. Although it was pretty shallow throughout, it was cute and ultimately tried to have a good message. If you can make it through the first 25 minutes of Amy Adam's over-done sighs and breaths (you'll know what I mean when you see it), it is pretty cute. I like Francis McDormand, of course, and was pleased to see her hair looking decent for the second half. Her hair is always wretched in every movie. But she is a good actress. Also, 'Bridget Jones'' best friend is in it... The little brit with a high voice. I always liked her. The guy Francis' character likes reminds me of 'Mr. Big.' Amy Adam's boyfriends are mostly revolting, although one is a nice piece of eye-candy, and is the best character in the film, Michael. But, I digress.
My fave quote by the Amy Adams character is roughly: "Whoever said I need a darn husband right this very minute, anyway?" Dang strait, sister.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

also, the bridget jones friend is in harry potter as moaning myrtle.