Sunday, March 16, 2008

Know what's nice about Dallas?

There are hardly any butt-ugly Subarus driving around here. There's like a really obvious lack of them, actually. (Coming from a girl who always noticed Subarus because of her very great disdain of them while living in SLC.)
Yeah, I know, it's not snowy here. I think the lack of Subarus here plainly shows that the only reason to drive one is the snow and/or mountains. We do usually have a good yearly ice storm, but ain't nothin' gonna help you in that.
Also, going along with my theory that "Subarus are liberals' cars" also kind of works. We are a lot lower on liberals in this area of the country. And you know I'm a-okay with that (Still love you, Jana, Sydney, Michelle, et al)!
The last reason I think we don't have them here is the Dallas-centric obsession with looking good, no matter what. No Subarus. Very few granola people. A lot less hemp and a lot more platinum. I hardly ever smell petuli. Ahh! I love snobby, uptight, brand-wearing, no-Subaru-driving Dallas!

5 comments:

Amy said...

They are pretty hideous looking cars, aren't they!?!

WhiteEyebrows said...

The liberal's choice of car here is a Prius.

Teri said...

Never move to Portland. You might go into shock from all the fleece, hiking sandals with socks, hemp clothing, bags and accessories, men with ugly legs in shorts year round, and LOTS of Subies... I could go on and on.

Alison said...

Ohhhh, I knew a girl in high school that wore petuli all the time. It smells! *Gag*

I also hate Subaru's as well--they're just so ugly. I give you snaps for this post.

Oh, and one more thing--I've seen women in fur coats at baseball games, etc., but a couple weeks ago I saw a women in a fur coat at Jason's Deli . . . only in Dallas.

Chelle said...

Hahahaha. If only I could afford to trade my Subaru in for a Prius.

Although petuli is too much for even me.