Friday, March 7, 2008

Once again: I really don't like chick flicks, but...

I kind of loved "P.S I love You." It was sad and sweet and generally fabulous! I loved the story, the actors, the clothes... And of course, Ireland!So, also you get to look at the gorgeous *Jeffrey Dean Morgan*. Gosh, I always thought he was adorable on Gray's Anatomy, but now I realize he's like the next GEC. Oh, man. Take a look:
Not enough for you? Me, neither:
My heartbeat actually just sped up.

Another thing that I loved (and was so funny) was Lisa Kudrow's test (to find a man to date). Basically, she would give a man a compliment, introduce herself, and give a four-part test, each question's answer determining if they would make it to the next question:
1) Are you single? (no: they're done, yes: proceed to question #2)
2) Are you gay? (yes: bye-bye, no: proceed)
3) Are you working? (no: they're out, yes: continue onto 4)
4) She'd kiss them (her reactions were priceless, but they could immediately tell if they were 'in or out!')

P.S. I love Hillary Swank's outfit in this scene:
Unfortunately, you can't really see it in this picture, but if you saw the movie, you know what I mean. And, you will probably be seeing something like it on me in the near future...

One last thing, Hillary Swank's character started taking shoe-making classes, which inspired me. If they really have those, I need to find one! Talk about the perfect idea!!! I want to design shoes! This means that all the 'shopping dreams' I've had might not all be for naught!
(I have dreams a lot that I am shopping, find perfect items, wake up, and am depressed they do not really exist... I usually draw them, so I can remember these fabulous fashion anomalies. Maybe someday I will have them, after all!)

3 comments:

Daniel T said...

Hmmmm...I can see we'd disagree a lot regarding film, but that's cool since art is subjective by its very nature. I just saw an excellent movie, "Michael Clayton." Now that's a fine film in terms of acting, direction, and its moral compass.

Anyhow, I didn't even know you had a full on blog! Check out my latest post, it's a veritable media blowout.

Danny

Maigen said...

I know, Danny, I didn't actually expect to like this movie (so don't judge me!;))! I am usually anti-chick flicks, and my favorite films are generally art/indie films.
I am actually dying to see "Michael Clayton," so I'm glad to hear it is so good!

Erica said...

Yeah- I'd like to say I am a high-brow Lit-Film fan but......let's be realistic.... Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Gerard Butler in one heart-wrenching movie? In IRELAND??? With ACCENTS??? Hold me back baby. And I never expected to get all teary-eyed either.