Sunday, March 23, 2008

Wastin' time...

It was a particularly nice Easter, complete with a promise of a new job soon with my uncle's company, my sister stuffing a balloon in her dress so we could take hilarious preggy pictures, measuring David and Bob's noggins to see whose gigantic head reigned supreme (it's a tie), and an Easter miracle of avoiding a near-accident in a car driven by Georgia. And, of course, delicious food, and the probably-tragic decision that I could have a big-time cheat day (heck, weekend, starting with last night at Mi Cocina).









Last night I saw "Atonement" (which only tonight I realized was an appropriate, at least in name, choice for this weekend). I think I built up my expectations too much. I do think the production of it was fantastic. The use of light and sound was brilliant. Overall, it was gorgeous visually. And the score was really impressive. The acting was awesome. Gosh, that blonde girl was perfectly rigid. However, I don't know how I feel about the story. For some reason, romance makes me wretch lately. (What do you think that means? Is something wrong with me, or what? A girl who doesn't like romance?) Also, I have a problem with war in movies. But, I thought a certain death scene in water was amazing and I was appropriately disturbed by the red-head's prepubescent flirting and the consequences of it. I also was quite taken with the soldier who spoke french with Briony, his question "do you love me?", and the name "Briony" in general.
So, right now I'm procrastinating laundry, and the advent of Monday, which will be ushered in as soon as I go to sleep tonight. Tomorrow, I have a lot going on...
  • taxes
  • gym
  • grocery store
  • oil change
  • work
  • job search
And, I am sure, other things I have not thought of yet. Why is Monday so awful? I mean, does anyone else dread it like I do?
Oh, and can I just say that if you have not been to Paciugo's for gelato, you must go! I had a combo of mixed berry, lemon, and cantaloupe this weekend that was in-credible! It makes me feel less guilty than going to Cold Stone, with the same yummy goodness! Delicioso!

3 comments:

Alison said...

"Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays." ~Name that film!

I hate Monday. They always suck.

Rubymelt said...

I LOVED Atonement! Hilarious that David and Bob were measuring their heads. Hmm, I wonder what a large head means. Smarter than the average guy?

Love Office Space - I too have a case of the Mondays!

Rhia Jean said...

I just have to say that Paciugo is God's way of saying, "Rhia (or you can insert your own name here), you are my favorite." I love that place! I don't show it enough. Janette and I even made a song for it once. You know that song, Never Let You Go by Third Eye Blind? Well, we change it to I Love Paciugo. It works...try it.