Sunday, September 2, 2007

"But THIS is an OUTFIT..."

I love, love, LOVE that episode of "Sex and the City" where Carrie has to take off her Manolos at the front door of a party and then somebody steals them.
I hate when people make you take off your shoes at their house. It is so rude. As much time as I spent perfecting my outfit, you'd better believe I am going to be a little more than perturbed at having to remove them to spare the berber. And don't even get me started about how I feel about wall-to-wall carpet. Ick!
Now, I doubt anyone is going to go out of their way to steal my measly Charles Davids, but I literally get nervous at the whole "taking-off-the-shoes" juncture because of this episode. You know when you look at that pile of ugly shoes that you very well may be leaving in Crocs.
The other brilliant thing is when Carrie registers at Manolo Blahnik, something I have considered as well. I would love to register for Christmas or my birthday. Hey, just because I'm not getting married doesn't mean I don't deserve fabulous gifts. I may never get married. Than what? I will have been totally robbed of the orgy of greed that is gift registry.
"Yes," I will say as I pass out my little registry cards, "I am registered at Saks Fifth Avenue, ZGallerie AND Target. That way you have options."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only is it scary that your shoes might be jacked, but my biggest thing is that I have a huge problem walking around on other people's nasty unvaccuumed carpet. Ew. I hate when I'm barefoot at someone else's house and something sticks to the bottom of my foot. Yes, I too prefer to keep my shoes on...