Friday, September 14, 2007

Scolded, like a little baby.

I got scolded yesterday at work. By some lady. I was doing her a favor, and asked for her drivers licence, please.
"Sure, but I'd prefer it if you asked for my 'photo i.d.,' since I'm not driving, you aren't a cop, and I'm not being pulled over," she said snootily. And she was totally serious.
Now, I realize I am in a customer service job (excuse me, momentarily, while I throw up), but I am almost 30, have a college degree, and DO NOT need any help forming an em-effing sentence, thank you very much, YOU OLD HAG.
I am not your child, alien customers. Really, must you get upset about completely idiotic, irrelevant things? Also, I have tried 'photo i.d.' before, but (gasp!) the general public is too stupid to wrap their brains around what that means, and 85% of the time, I STILL have to explain 'for example: your drivers licence, or state i.d..' Just trying to skip a step here, people.
Help ME help YOU. By not being jerk-faces.

1 comment:

Candice & Lindsey said...

Seriously? Seriously. Doesn't she have better things to do than be a punk about showing you her identification. You must have looked hotter than her because that could be the ONLY reason to be rude to you.