Saturday, September 1, 2007

Super-size me, or at least my soda, please.

So, if you read my lists over there, you will see that one of my "guilty pleasures" is cheeseburgers. Especially at certain, particularly hormonal times of the month.
And anytime I cave, and actually eat one of these heart-healthy little numbers (read: today), I usually get an equally healthy drink to accompany it. I feel that the chemicals in the soda are a nice compliment to the fake-beef burger. A parallel of heart attack and cancer, slightly curving until they converge in a tasty deadly lunch. So, I don't do it often, but when I do, I notice a trend. Is it just me, or are soft-drinks getting bigger at fast-food places?
I order a medium coca-cola classic. I mean, yum. Coke is probably my biggest achilles heel as far as junk food goes. Really, it's not only delicious and ice-cold, it's refreshing!
Ah-hem... Ok, so, "... and a medium coke, please," "that will be 4.81. Please come to the second window..." Doo, doo, doo, driving around. Opening window. Blinking eyes in surprise (every time, I guess it shouldn't surprise me so much anymore). Reaching both hands out of window to take what appears to be a silo full of the nectar of the gods. Um, hello? MEDIUM? No way that's fitting in the drink-holder. Let me just situate this thing in its car-seat. This time I was prepared.

No comments: