Monday, September 17, 2007

Diary of my mini-break, day 2 (Everything's coming up roses!)

I had a super-promising job interview today (I am interviewing with "the partners" on Wednesday.) The one complaint I have is that I only got five hours of sleep last night stressing about it. It's okay, tomorrow I can sleep in. Yay! At least until 'Gilmore Girls' and 'What Not to Wear' come on. Can't miss Rory, Lorelai, and my favorite fake boyfriend, Clinton Kelly.
I did about seven loads of laundry today, so now I have clothes again.
So, have y'all ever heard of 'sex blotches?' Some of you already know that when I am talking to a cute guy, I get all red and blotchy. Super attractive. I have a sneaking suspicion that these 'sex blotches' may act as a sort of pheromone, or super-sized magnet, for men. Just kidding, they're hideous. Anyway, that is really what they are called, and people get them for different reasons, like speaking in public. I get them around cute guys (and also when I'm nervous, upset, and sometimes just around 8 pm for no explicable reason).
"Umm... Maigen, is that a horrible break-out rash of poison oak, or are you just happy to see me?"

2 comments:

The Evers said...

That is really funny! I remember the blotches from way back when we were roommates (almost 8 years ago btw)! Well I hope to hear updates on mr right soon!

Maigen said...

8 years, holy crap! I feel old...