Friday, September 28, 2007

'Ode to the Pine-Wood Derby,' and 'Thoughts on Fun New Friends/Lookers'

Whilst watching grown men behave like little boys, I realized that they never do grow up, do they?
Not a bad thing, I thought to myself, to always stay young at heart.
Perhaps next time I will offer to be the girl who throws the flag (think: "Grease").
My friend was disgruntled (okay, so not really) about not being mentioned on my blog, so I would just like to send a "shout out" (oh, no you did-n't) to the tender and sexy Chris (not an easy combo to pull off, but he is delightful, just the right amount of rugged man meets good taste), hereafter Sexy Smart Guy (SSG). [aside: I told you you were going on tonight! My mama didn't raise no liar!] SSG is proving to be a really fabulous friend, i.e. he cheered me up during a woe-is-me moment today in a super-sweet (yet manly) pep-talk. Plus, he looks really good in a tight tee-shirt (I'm only guessing, of course. Remember, he has taste.)
And here's to his roommate Wm.A.H., who does a really good evil eye, and who has fabulous hair always, and who perhaps one day will hear some music in Deep Ellum.
I think these new fellas are 10s and it doesn't hurt that they laugh at all my jokes! BFF!
PS: they live in the really sweet downtown apartment I talked about before. I would totally always sing opera if I lived there. (It echoes.)
PPS: that being said; guys, if you ever want a third roommate who would always serenade you and is willing to sleep on the couch and pay rent by way of outfit advice, pancake breakfasts, and always keeping fresh flowers so the place smells really good, just let me know. I'm your girl. Totally.

No comments: