Saturday, September 8, 2007

"I love the internet, and I can prove it..."

As great as the internet is; with email, shopping, and my new favorite, blogging; I think there is a limit of decorum that is definitely crossed with the advent of the "e-vite*."
When you care so little about your wedding guests that you can't be bothered to drop a card in the mail by way of invitation, then maybe they should politely "e-decline."
I have heard about not one, but TWO occurances of wedding "e-vites" in the past week. Granted, these were both mormon couples (big freaking surprise), but even so, it is a new level of absurdity.
I swear, here and now, that if I ever receive an "e-vite" wedding announcement, I will refuse to attend. Even if it is from my best friend (although any person close to me in any way, shape, or form is certain to have more taste in their little finger than someone who would condescend to send an "e-vite " has in their entire body. I would venture to say that such people have not even a stitch of taste. Nor a trifle.)

*evite (for those of you fortunate enough not to know):
a bulk, mass invitation sent out by way of email, with a guest list included, and the responses of said guests usually visible. Not too offensive if the event is, say, a Halloween party. Mortifying for weddings. Even weddings held in the "cultural hall." Ahem. Gym.

2 comments:

kitebrdr said...

My only question is: Can they still include a couple of lame, shot in the local park snap shots of themselves if they do send evites. We still want to see what they look like, no?

Candice & Lindsey said...

AMEN!