Wednesday, September 26, 2007

HOS


You have heard that description, "hos," no? (Pronounced "has." Maybe that is how it is spelled, too.) Like, "that linebacker is hos," or "she's a bit of a hos" (which is a terrible thing to say, I don't condone that sentence, but am just using it as an example.) No, not "ho," as in, "you'z a ho." Hos, I think it originated from "horse."
Okay, so my friend today was saying someone was a bit hos-ish. Which is still not nice, but tickled me greatly. Like it was part of their make-up. "Yes, he is part Hosish, also English, and I think a little Swedish as well. Maybe some German."

4 comments:

kitebrdr said...

Hos might have also originated from the TV show Bonanza. There was a rather large fella (western talk) named Hos. Or maybe he was name hos cuz (rap talk) he was a large fella. I guess this goes back to the lunch or breakfast augument...you know, the chicken or the egg.

Candice & Lindsey said...

I've never heard a horse called a hos. What up hos!, yes, but horse...no. I must really be behind the times.

Maigen said...

No, I mean "hos" describing a person... I think it derived from "horse," like that's how big they are! Or, Bob's comment about Bonanza could explain it... I don't know!

Maigen said...

Sorry, I don't make any sense, even to myself. Candice, your "What up, hos!" was exactly the meaning I mean!