Tuesday, September 25, 2007

NOT memorable?

So, I was at Blockbuster today, where I had a really long conversation with this employee about movies, trying to get his advice. I got a set (of those 4 for $20 pre-viewed movies) but then later decided I should have gotten just two of the 2 for $20 ones, because they were movies I liked a lot more, and sometimes I am sucked in by really good deals, like the 4 for $20.
So, I went back, literally a couple of hours later, to see if I could swap them. The girl, of course, was like, "I'll have to ask my manager." And, the manager turns out to be the same guy I talked to earlier.
Now, what perturbs me about this situation is not that he said "no." What is the bigger bee in my a** is that when he came over, before I explained the situation, I was like, "Oh, hi! Remember me? I was here earlier," and he was like (in a very monotone, uninterested way), "no, not really."
Huh? But, we just had a 10 minute conversation a few hours ago. I happen to know I'm cute. And you should remember me. You're like, totally bored all day (and not attractive), and then this really bubbly, well-dressed blonde comes in and has an actual intelligent conversation with you, and you can't remember her?
Whatev.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Seriously. I mean SOME people are forgettable, but YOU, no way. A similar thing happened to me in Chinatown the other day and I was like HELLO!!! I just talked to you an HOUR ago and you told me the purse was $45 and not $55!

The Evers said...

ewwwwww, yuck! I hate people like that! Well, glad he is working at Blockbuster-GIANT LOSER!

Rubymelt said...

I think some people play dumb because they like the attention. Think Jessica Simpson. Yet, why would a Blockbuster guy need to play dumb? You are FAR from forgettable!!!

Kerry said...

As Nat King Cole said, "You are unforgettable in every way. And forever more, that's how you'll stay. That's how you'll stay."
Blockbuster guy is a big jerkface. See ya sucka!

kitebrdr said...

There is probably little that he remembers from his boring, mundane life. What with the self medicating and all. Want I should go slap a huge knot on the side of his head and see if he remembers that?