Sunday, September 2, 2007

I am like a bird, I'll only fly away

So, it's all over between me and GMB. Yay! No longer a "mistress" (using the term very loosley, more like, 'no longer a verbal distraction'), I can concentrate all my energy on meeting guys worth actually dating, starting with a particular "tall glass of water (TGW)" from church, who might be a smidge too young for me. Good thing being a 'old cougar' is totally in right now.
I am very optimistic that perhaps this one is perfect, if for no other reason that he might be (as informed by certain close friends) "desperate," and "depressed."
Hey, not going to trick or manipulate the little guy, but these things might just tip the scales a tiny bit in my favor. He should BE so lucky.
A reflection on GMB: big mistake. Wasted a bunch of time talking to someone I knew wasn't going to ever be my boyfriend. And, even though I have feelings for him, I know I don't want him to be my boyfriend. So, all around a great move, detaching ourselves. Also, was not putting full effort into new guys, because I had something (something LAME and UNPROMISING) to fall back on all the time. He, and I, will both be better off.
Who wants to be in a 'not-relationship,' anyway? I think I want an actual one. Yeah. Pretty sure. If not with TGW, than perhaps with George Clooney.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

yay maigen. i am happy for you and hope you are doing alright as well. :)